Welcome to Raising Rabbits!
- Comprehensive information on all aspects of raising rabbits with illustrated, how-to instructions
- Get rabbit supplies, cages, tools and toys in our secure online Store
The Rabbit Care Section serves all rabbit breeders: Show rabbits, pet rabbits, and livestock rabbits.
Most of the time, rabbit raising involves similar animal husbandry practices independent of the purposes those rabbits serve, whether meat, fur, fiber (wool), or pet.
Livestock rabbit farming, especially if a commercial enterprise, requires greater attention to detail. Various breeding, feeding, and lighting practices are optimized to help stabilize general and wintertime production. As always, animal welfare is paramount.
- Put lapin on the family table
- Feed a species-appropriate raw prey diet to the family dogs and cats
- Gain full or part-time employment from your passion and expertise with raising rabbits, both in the USA and in developing countries.
- Meat, fur, and fiber are common rabbit products, as are garden fertilizer, worms, and breeding stock
Rabbit Products and Supplies
Pet rabbits can be a perfect solution for animal-loving but busy urban dwellers. They sleep while you're at work or school, and are active during your breakfast, suppertime, and early evening.
With 48 breeds of domestic rabbits available in the USA alone, the choices are nearly endless.
Home of the PVC Hutch-Cage Combo
Purchase the Plans
|Indoor hutch and wire cage combo. Easy to keep clean and easy to enjoy your rabbit!
|Outdoor show or livestock rabbit hutch and wire cage combo. This hutch is moved under cover before the rabbits move in.
Raising-Rabbits: Home of the...
Raising Problem Solver
$21.63 - includes
- 15% off your autographed copy of Rabbit Raising Problem Solver
- All packaging and Media Mail postage costs
- Applies to US addresses - (sadly, Media Mail is not offered for international shipping, not even for really awesome books)
- (International shipping is available, of course, but it's out of our control how much they charge for shipping. Send us your country, city, and area code to obtain a shipping quote.)
For more information on this popular problem-solving
resource, go to Rabbit Raising Problem Solver.
Raising Rabbits Gets Compliments...
From Jeni in the UK:
just would like to say that this website is AMAZING! I am a veterinary nurse
with 15 years experience and have just started to breed my rabbits. I
have learnt sooo much from all the info here....there is so much stuff I didn't
Cheryl in Florida:
website has been my Bunny Bible...."
Christine in Texas:
rabbit website anywhere on the net! ...Thank you!"
Amy in Utah:
"Thank you so much
for a fantastic website! This is by far the most helpful and friendliest rabbit
website I've ever seen."
More of your kind words here - thank you!
The American Rabbit Breeders Association recognizes and supports the many purposes of rabbits, including meat, show, wool, fur and pet ownership.
a way of hopping into your heart and putting a grin on your face.
around our site!
Take your time, enjoy our rabbit photos and absorb all the
information on raising rabbits. If you have trouble finding the info you need, use the search box, or visit the Site
Map, where you’ll find links to every page.
Need more information?
Feel free to
drop us a note via our Contact
Us page, or visit the Raising-Rabbits Facebook page, where you can post comments, questions and photos.
your nest boxes are always full of show-stoppers.
Opal Rex Rabbit and 3 week old litter ... that little fawn young'n? He grew up
a bit, and won his new young owner a Youth Best-In-Show!
More recently, the fawn youngster is all grown up. He won Best of Breed TWICE at the Evergreen Rabbit
Breeders Association double show on February 25, 2012. Congrats to the