Rabbit Care Topics: the A-to-Z of Raising Rabbits
Raising Rabbits, from mating to weaning and more
Links to All Rabbit Care Topics
You have a bunny or five, and a million questions on how to take care of them. We have all the information about raising rabbits covered, from hungry, to health, to habitats, and more!
Our Rabbit Care topics cover everything your bunny needs to be happy and healthy, from birth to geriatrics and beyond.
Take all the necessary information with you in excellent book and e-book form! The rabbit care details are all laid out nice and organized in both books and e-books, with lots of pictures!
Check it out --> Bookstore
Search Bar: We have a Google powered search bar to help you look for something fast. The bar is located near the top of the right hand column. --> Type in your query and hit "Search." This will open a page with many search results. The first few entries will be Google showing you the rest of the web (ads), but scroll down a bit and you'll get to the results from the Raising-Rabbits website specifically.
The Rabbit Care Section serves ALL who have rabbits. Most of the time, fortunately, raising rabbits involves similar basic rabbit care, no matter what purpose your rabbits serve - whether pet, fiber (wool), show, or livestock (meat and fur).
- Pet Rabbits: Pet rabbits can be a perfect solution for animal-loving but busy urban dwellers. They sleep while you're at work or school, and are active during your breakfast, suppertime, and early evening.
- Livestock Rabbits and Show Rabbits. Livestock rabbit farming, especially if a commercial enterprise, requires greater attention to detail. Various breeding, feeding, and lighting practices are optimized to help stabilize general and wintertime production. As always, animal welfare is paramount. Plus, we offer tips on gaining a full or part-time income from your passion and expertise with raising rabbits, both in the USA and abroad.
Info About Rabbits
The Info About Rabbits section includes everything you want to know about rabbits, besides the specifics of taking care of them. Interesting topics include:
We also have great books and ebooks about different aspects of raising rabbits in our store that have everything laid out nice and organized, with lots of pictures! Check it out ---> Bookstore
Search Bar: We have a Google powered search bar to help you look for something fast. The bar is located near the top of the right hand column. --> Type in your query and hit "Search." This will open a page with many search results. The first few entries will be Google showing you the rest of the web (ads), but scroll down a bit and you'll get to the results from the Raising Rabbits website specifically.
Contact Us: Have you been all over the Raising Rabbits website, used the Search bar and all, and still can't find what you're looking for? Would you simply like to communicate with us for whatever reason? Great! We love to hear from our readers. Go to our Contact Us page, and ask or comment away.
Buy / Sell Rabbits
Raising-Rabbits has been helping people purchase rabbits or sell them for years. We understand...professional breeders and hobby breeders alike need their information to be highly visible to their prospective customers, whether those customers want livestock rabbits or pets!
We are also well aware that erroneously sexing rabbits is a thing! You might have just discovered that one of your two boy rabbits is actually a girl... (oops!) ...and now you have grandbuns needing new homes. No worries - we can help, at no cost to you.
Rabbits for Sale in your Local Neighborhood is the main starting point for buying or selling rabbits.
Below are specific links to services that Raising-Rabbits offers to those wanting to sell rabbits or buy rabbits. Most of them are free.
If you're visiting Raising-Rabbits in order to buy a rabbit or rabbits, here are three very effective ways to find yourself the perfect rabbit for your needs:
- Featured Rabbitries: Each of our featured rabbitries has an entire web page devoted solely to their rabbits, whether in the USA and in Canada. That's a lot of information that will help you make a decision! It's worth it to check them out. Click here to go to the Featured Rabbitry Index.
- State by State and Country by Country listings: Since we've been providing rabbitry advertising for a long time, we now have rabbit breeder listings all over the USA, as well as in Canada, Philippines, Uganda, and Zambia. To find a rabbit breeder near you, just click our Rabbit Breeders page.
- Classified Ads: These very effective free ads are for people looking to both buy and sell rabbits. They last for only 30 days, or even less if we hear the rabbit has sold. Our classified ads are likely to still be current when you visit the page. Click Classified Ads for more info. The top section of the classifieds is for people selling rabbits, while the bottom section is for people looking to buy a bunny.
If you have one or more rabbits for sale, we have 3 great options:
- Subscribe to our Featured Rabbitry Service: Take your business or hobby to the next level with a highly visible featured rabbitry page. It is hugely helpful to your prospective customers to see the multiple photos and comprehensive information you can share through your own rabbitry page on Raising-Rabbits. We can even refresh your information every month for you. No contract required - cancel anytime. Click here to find out about Listing Your Rabbits For Sale.
- State by State and Country by Country listings: We have rabbit breeder listings all over USA, as well as in Canada, Philippines, Zambia, and Uganda. To find out how to get your own listing on your state/country page, click Listing Your Rabbits For Sale.
- Classified Ads: these are 30-day free ads for people looking to buy or sell rabbits. Our classifieds are effective; we have taken ads down within a week because the sale was made quickly. To find out more, click Classified Ads. The top section of the classifieds is for people selling rabbits, while the bottom section is for people looking to buy a bunny.
Raising Rabbits Store
The Bunny Bazaar, our online shopping mall, is open!
The Bunny Bazaar features not just our own fine products, but suggested items for anyone who has bunny on the brain. Did you just adopt a Christmas Bunny? Are you thinking about adopting a rabbit? We have everything you need, most of all, KNOWLEDGE!
We have several kinds of products in our store, for rabbits and their people:
- Books and E-books. Holiday sale!!! Give the gift of knowledge; our raising rabbits e-books are on sale at 30% off! We have great paper and ebooks that tell you everything you need to know about making your bunny happy and healthy.
- Clothing for people
- Fun Rabbit Toys
- Now featuring our newest product: Aromatherapy Resting Mats! Give bunny a home spa treatment with these straw resting mats infused with soothing lavender essential oil. Resting mats are a comfortable place for bunny to relax and rest their feet in wire cages.
- Bunny Branola - the delicious treat that is also a great nutritional supplement. 4 yummy flavors: Classic Original, Pumpkin Spice, Merry Mint, and Cranberry Crunch
- All natural/biologic/organic Fly Control
- Frozen Lapin (rabbit meat) for pets, such as cats and dogs
Spring Sale: 30% off all E-books and Aromatherapy Resting Mats!!
Raising Rabbits Gets Compliments...
From Jeni in the UK:
just would like to say that this website is AMAZING! I am a veterinary nurse
with 15 years experience and have just started to breed my rabbits. I
have learnt sooo much from all the info here....there is so much stuff I didn't
Cheryl in Florida:
website has been my Bunny Bible...."
Christine in Texas:
rabbit website anywhere on the net! ...Thank you!"
Amy in Utah:
"Thank you so much
for a fantastic website! This is by far the most helpful and friendliest rabbit
website I've ever seen."
Many more of your kind words are here - thank you!
Rabbits have a way of hopping into your heart and putting a grin on your face.
The American Rabbit Breeders Association recognizes and supports the many purposes of rabbits, including meat, show, wool, fur and pet ownership.
around our site!
Take your time, enjoy our rabbit photos and absorb all the
information on raising rabbits. If you have trouble finding the info you need, use the search box, or visit the Site
Map, where you’ll find links to every page.
your nest boxes are always full of show-stoppers.
Pictured: Broken Opal Rex Rabbit and 3 week old litter ... that little fawn young'n?
He grew up a bit, and won his new young owner a Youth Best-In-Show!
More recently, the fawn youngster is all grown up.
He won Best of Breed TWICE at the Evergreen Rabbit Breeders Association double open show a couple years ago. Congrats to the winner!
Raising-Rabbits is the Home of the PVC Hutch-Cage Combo!
Purchase the Plans!
Left Above: Indoor hutch and wire cage combo. Easy to keep clean and easy to enjoy your rabbit!
Right Above: Large outdoor rabbit hutch and wire cage combo. Durable, time-saving, and so easy to use and clean! Move Combo under cover before use.
Chew Stix by Raising-Rabbits
Just the sticks your bunnies need for chewing and gnawing!
Fruit-infused Raising Rabbits Chew Stix are nature's blessings from the beautiful Washington State forests and orchards.
Fresh alder branches are harvested from trees grown without chemicals, pesticides, or smog. Those branches are then hand cut down to bunny size portions, and infused with apple from Washington’s famous apple farms.
Alder is perfect for rabbit dental hygiene! The apple taste and smell will attract your bun, and they can chew to their heart's content, saving your phone cords and your sanity.
Check out Raising Rabbits Chew Stix Here!
Ultimate Rabbit Nutritional Supplement, and Treat!
What bunny doesn't love Bunny Bran??!
1 Tablespoon per day of our tasty and nutritious snack mix
sprinkled on their regular food is all your bunny needs to be happier and healthier.
- Bunny Branola makes fur softer and shinier, teeth and tummies healthier, and helps relieve stress due to things like barking dogs, new situations, or ultra cold winters.
- Bunny Branola is a wonderful rabbit superfood supplement for pregnant bunnies and growing bunnies.